All Points Bulletin: From Dubai to Sternbild CityMay 6, 2012
If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- A Gundamn! Milestone
Gundamn! has finally made it to the big 100. In celebration they play a slew of best wishes form their fans and review the series they had been avoiding the most, Neon Genesis Evangelion. But they have decided to put a little twist on this special episode. If you have listened to the podcast before you will notice it instantly.
- H. R. Giger and EZ Money
A Chaos Theater look at Tiger and Bunny. The whole podcast still begs the question why this is not out on disc yet. But apparently the dub has just wrapped up so hopefully we will be able to buy it on physical media soon enough. Also hoping to see those Tiger and Bunny movies soon.
- Smaller Survival Strategies
A Princess of the Crystal Nendoroid. Which reminds me. When is someone going to license Mawaru Penguindrum?
- Type Moon News Roundup
- Not Exactly the Most Accurate Summaries: An unusual look at Fate/Zero.
- Bad Type-Moon! Bad! No Biscuit: The only thing worse than the pillow case are the comments about said pillow case.
- The Only Thing Scarier Than That Pillow in Your Bed: Or at least I hope so.
- Two Great Tastes That Go Together: The Gundam and Fate/Unlimited Codes mash up you … always … expected?
- A Bridge Over Troubled Saber
- The Successful 1st Year of Middle East Film & Comic-Con
I have never been to the Dubai myself, but this report has a great overview of the city and the convention. I’m always curious about fandom outside of the U.S.
- Learn a New Language ASAP!
Looks pretty concise. I’m going to try out this method myself. The estimates of time needed for a harder language like Japanese is longer, but still since I know some basics the 6 month time frame seems doable for a certain amount of understanding. Besides the part about watching Japanese TV shows, I think we’ve all got that down.
- I’d Rather Be in Westeros
A great essay about the portrayal of women in HBO series Girls VS. Game of Thrones. And I really must agree, “If this is the stereotype offered of today’s modern woman, I’d rather be in Westeros.”
- Sherlock is a Rock Star
This is a recap of the BBC Sherlock event in NYC, it sounds a bit nuts. I can’t really blame them, but apparently PBS had no clue what they were in for.
- Disney’s First Indian Animation
Arjun is a fantasy story about a great hero, always a plus. The animation is interesting, a seeming hybrid of CG and cell-shading. It opens later this month but of course has no U.S. plans. I’m hoping this will show up at the New York International Children’s Film Fest next year.
Listen up, lowly humans who will never amount to anything!