All Points Bulletin: The Sprawl of WesterosJuly 15, 2012
If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA
The classic Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure fighting is game is getting a HD remaster with online play. It was sort of a hit back in the day even spawned a classic meme. I wonder if that means we might get the new game in English if this does well enough.
- Believing a Sign of Zeta
The new trailer for the up coming One Piece movie seems pretty promising. The rouge formal admiral Z looks formidable. I don’t expect it to be a ground breaking film but if it is as enjoyable and well produced as Strong World then it will be fairly entertaining.
- A Difference in Terms
Japanese fans on Biglobe listed their favorite science fiction and fantasy anime series. There are some really bizarre choices in both categories. I was very amused that A Certain Magical Index was the #1 fantasy title and the #2 science fiction title. Japan does love its Index.
- Kicking it into Mona Lisa Overdrive
Chaos Theater looks at Brave and the Sprawl trilogy. The Brave review is a follow up on their recent Pixar podcast. The Sprawl trilogy is William Gibson’s novels that essentially defined the cyberpunk genre. A concise little round up of the books and their impact on science fiction.
- Living in the ’80s
The Veef Show examines the music of the Macross franchise from the 80s. But at the same time is is also a pretty detailed look at pop music and the idol boom of Japan at the same time.
- Type-Moon Round Up
- The Song of the 5th Holy Grail War: Earthmind’s “ARCADIA” will be song used for the new ufotable opening PS Vita version of Fate/Stay Night: Réalta Nua.
- Gao Gao!: Another chance for you to get Saber Lion!
- Nothing More than a Popularity Contest: The lists of the most popular male and female Type-Moon characters from the recent Type-Moon Fes. As usual the Fate franchise dominates the list.
- Not Just Another Princess Movie
This essay is brilliantly written and touches on every point of criticism (some warranted, most not) about Brave being predictable: “It’s a well-worn genre, the Spunky-Princess-Who-Doesn’t-Get-Married-(Or-Experience-Any-Attraction-To-Anyone)-And-Her-Mother story.”
- Super Mario – World 9: Westeros
- Simple Rules for Asking Question at a Convention
Everyone of us can get flustered when asking a question to a guest at a convention, but here is a guide to help make the experience easier for yourself and everyone else involved. I know I’m a culprit of asking about older work when a panel was highlighting a new project.
- OUYA May be JUST a Big Dream
This article is really good about laying down the facts about this ambitious project. It isn’t a project that I’m personally invested in, but I’ve been following its progress and am curious about the outcome.
- Your Surreal Superhero Moment of the Week
Brought to you by this Golden Girls/Super Friends mash-up.
I sometimes just pick pictures that I know Narutaki will enjoy: