All Points Bulletin: The Slomin’s S.H.I.E.L.D.September 2, 2012
If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- Manga Out Loud : Shout, Shout, Let it All Out
- What a Charity Case: From a little while back. Manga Out Loud looks at manga related Kickstarter projects. More companies are getting in on the action but is that a good thing? It is passing the hat around, patronage, a pre-order system, a new method of finance, or something else entirely?
- CLAMPing Down: Manga Out Loud looks at the works of CLAMP. They are one of the most famous examples of fans turned pro in the manga industry. With a very diverse catalog opinions are mixed on which titles go in the good, the bad, or the ugly pile.
- Bruce Wayne Gets Shanghaied
Narutaki is not the only one who can post Batman links. This is a rather short but fascinating re-imagining of Batman as a crime fighter on the means streets of Shanghai. Since it is a short they can go hog-wild on the animation and it shows.
- If the World End November 1st You Will know Why
Mamoru Nagano’s Gothicmade is apparently set to come out on November 1st in theaters. Part of me still thinks I will only believe it when I see it. I still enjoy that Mamoru Nagano is like half the staff listed in the credits of the movie.
- So How Long Until an Elementary Manga?
BBC TV’s Sherlock gets a manga adaptation. We were talking about manga on the blog before we even knew it was manga. This is just the perfect excuse … I mean reason to talk about the show more.
- Type-Moon News Round Up
- The Synthetic Orchestra
My link is to his “making of” video but you can go to his entire library and listen away! It is hard to believe one guy can make this happen with such richness in the music.
- Rob Liefeld VS. The Universe
If you aren’t up on comics news, you might have missed creator/artist/writer Rob Liefeld’s very public resignation from DC projects. If that weren’t enough he also had a few words for Tom Brevoort from Marvel and Scott Snyder writer for Batman at the moment. Everyone under the sun seems to be dragged into this so don’t get left out!
- It’s Official: Joss Whedon Working on S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series
My big question is whether or not Samuel L. Jackson will be making any appearances on the show. On the one hand, he is probably way too busy and way too expensive. On the other hand, more and more film stars are showing up on TV shows. Maybe a few cameos can be arranged at least.
- No More Layton
The next Professor Layton game is to be the last, I don’t know if I truly believe it! Or maybe I just don’t want to believer. But then again there are far worse things than two fun-tastic puzzle solving trilogies. I’ll be curious if we get any more Layton anime or manga in the near future, fingers crossed!
- Now You’re Knitting With Power
100% for real. This kind of rendered me speechless.
This picture just makes me laugh: