All Points Bulletin: Banished from the InternetMay 5, 2013
If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- Banagher Links Golf 2012 Edition
Gundamn examines the penultimate episode of Gundam Unicorn that is filled with mecha, monologues, and mutinies. All the key staples of Gundam. In a nice bit of synergy that always speak with Stephanie Sheh the English voice actress of Mineva Zabi from Unicorn.
- That’s So ’80s
Ani-Gamers looks at Hyper Combat Unit Dangaioh OVA. It is not THE definitive 80’s OVA but it gives you a good idea of the type of show you might find back then. And it has ladies piloting robots.
- FINALLY T-shirts that Give You a Stand
I mean what were scientists waiting for so long?
- 3 Different Geeks Considered
The All Geeks Considered podcast serve up three different types of nerdiness in their latest episodes:
- They Were 11: A classic space opera based on the manga by Moto Hagio.
- Film Noir: A look at The Maltese Falcon, Strangers on a Train, Brick as three different takes on the film noir genre.
- Destination Moon: A movie about going to the moon almost two decades before we went to the moon based on the novel by Robert Heinlein.
- 30 Days of Sexism
If you’re feeling cynical, you could rename this post “30 Days on the Internet as a Woman Who Likes Video Games.” But I am not cynical and I do think it is a good read. It ended up with a bunch of discussion on Twitter as well.
- “Not to say that my life wasn’t different without the internet, just that it wasn’t real life.”
Paid to stay away from the internet for an entire year, Paul shares what he learned about staying connected. When I go on vacation, I attempt (and mostly succeed) at staying offline but a whole year is another story.
I found this picture devastatingly cute: