All Points Bulletin: The Gamification of OtakonAugust 25, 2013
If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- Chrono Trigger Synthetic Orchestra Now Available For Purchase
It is just the first volume so far, after all there is a lot of music in the game, but everyone’s favorite title theme is included here.
- Final Fantasy VII 3D Sprite Figures Are No More
It isn’t really that surprising that Square-Enix put the kibosh on these, but still disappointing.
- More Firefly Comics?
If it doesn’t happen before, I’m expecting the full announcement at New York Comic Con.
- Other People Talk about Otakon Round Up – Part 2
While I am sure that a few more Otakon reports will find their way into future APBs for now this is this last of my all Otakon 2013 round ups. I have some non-Otakon podcasts to talk about if nothing else.
- Here Comes the Dark Sun of Baltimore: Carrie Wood talks about her Otakon experience for the Baltimore Sun.
- Piano: The Melody of a Young Girl’s Heart: Carl Li looks at the Otakon experience and shows he has excellent taste in panels.
- Masters of Queueing Theory: David Estrella from the Ani-Gamers talks about his Otakon experience. I still say people wait in line all the time at Otakon because they let themselves wait in lines not because they have to.
- On a More Positive Note: Ink examines the Yoko Kanno and Chiaki Ishikawa concert.
- The Final Therapy Session: The long-awaited Sunday report with some final thoughts.
- 100 Episode Extravaganza: The OSMCast! celebrates 5 years of podcasting with its 100th episode. It is mostly about a reflection on the history of the podcast but they have a large section on the recent Otakon so I snuck it in here.
- The In Review Crew vs. Otakon: The regular Otaku in review crew tackles Otakon. Kit also has her own mini report here.
- Everything Retro is Hip Again: The Retro Games Network look at both Otakon and the BitGen Gamer Fest.
- More Gaming the System: The All Games Otakon rport is a bit more from an outsider’s perspectivelooking in.
- Don’t Expect Video From Us Any Time Soon: Lauren Orsini shows how she is the Otaku journalist by posting a video blog from Otakon unlike all of us primitives.
More Otakon 2013 posts:
Otakon 2013: Tweets
Otakon 2013: Our 6 Favorite Announcements
Otakon 2013: General Impressions
Otakon 2013: Shinichiro Watanabe
Otakon 2013: Artist Alley
All Points Bulletin: Leaving Baltimore, Heading To Las Vegas
Otakon 2013: 10-minutes with Yuzuru Tachikawa and Michihiko Suwa
Otakon 2013: Concerts
Otakon 2013: Guests
Otakon 2013: Shingo Adachi and Tetsuya Kawakami
Otakon 2013: Fan Panels
The Speakeasy #044: Baltimore Zoo, Otakon 2013