If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- A Woeful Tale of a Middle Child
Everyone loved the Macross Saga in Robotech but the other two arcs are definitely considered to be weaker. The VEEF argues that Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross was a far better show than its Macross iteration would have you believe. Note: This is not a series about Shin from Fist of the North Star in a mecha.
- All Your American Anime Fandom Shame in One Video
As anime fans we have all seen that fellow fan who seems utterly clueless when it comes to the culture the profess to be an expert on. Well here is the essence of that feeling in one skit. This will surely be used by anime fans who hate anime fans for years to come.
- Phatbhuda, Mecha Faux, and Sasuraiger vs. 105,000 Unwashed Comic Fans
My roundup of people who braved the crowds at the NYCC:
- Dave only gives you the highlights and the low points of NYCC. You are too busy for the rest!
- Many Mecha Pics (and some puny humans) at NYCC
- Phatbhuda’s Multi Stage Behind the Scenes Access at NYCC: PICTURES! TRION WORLDS! FELICIA DAY! SHOOT MANY ROBOTS!
- Podlabor Look at a Most Metal Anime
The manly men talk about a manly Patz from Insert Disc is joined by Dave from Colony Drop and Astro Toy and Basil from the OSMCast to talk about Mazinkaiser SKL. The discussion could mainly be summed up like this.
- A Silk Road Love Story
Eeeper looks at the newest work from Emma’s Kaoru Mori. She does another wonderful historical piece with a gorgeous release from Yen Press. Eeeper explores the unique setting and the simple charm of the story. Kaoru Mori is always satisfying.
- Last Unicorn in Theaters Again
Yaaay!!! I am really enjoying this string of rereleasing animated classics on the big screen. And not only is it being digitally remastered, they couldn’t resist also releasing it in 3D. Hopefully I will be able to find a 2D screening.
- Professor Layton Getting an iOS Game
Or should I say his “intuitive son” will be staring in the first non-DS Layton puzzle game. I hope to get an iPad in the near future, so I’ll definitely want this game!
- French Animated Short “WindMills”
A mostly dialogue-free story about a father and daughter building a machine that runs on special winds. Beautiful textures and background mixed with moving, crisp character animation.
- L’Arc-en-Ciel to Play Madison Square Garden
This is big, BIG! Ticket prices have been insane lately, so I’m not sure if I’ll get a chance to go but it is a very cool.
- A Scathing Editorial About Marvel’s Behind-the-Scenes Business
This article comes at an interesting time after NYCC where many new projects are on deck and people are excited. But while ideas and talent are all there, The Beat talks about the stifling outlook Marvel’s business practices have.
- Stitch! Anime Finally Comes to the U.S.
Starting Monday the series will be on Disney XD. This seemed like a long shot and for whatever reason finding fan-subs of it has proven difficult. Still better late than never! This series doesn’t actually take place in Hawaii nor is there Lilo and her family, instead focusing on the wacky alien aspect. There are two sequels so if it does well I’m sure we can expect to see those, too. I don’t actually have cable, but hopefully this will make it to DVD.
Two great tastes that go great together: