If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- Preview Drops of God Manga
If you weren’t picking up this new title from Vertical, Inc. this preview will give you the push you need. The melodrama of pouring and tasting wine has never been more glorious.
- Sweater Girls
These charming illustrations of DC heroines from Hanie Mohd have a perfect amount of quirk making you want to know their stories. I think I like Supergirl best!
- Plastic Canvas Transformers
Remember making things using those plastic square cut canvases and yarn? This takes kitchy craft one step higher. Also they actually transform.
- The “Sponser Reel”
If you have to watch some corporate mubojumbo this is doing it with style. Much of it looks like stop-motion but it is all digital which is pretty impressive.
- “Shame Itself” Marvel Superhero Parody
Poking fun at a genre that you love takes skill and the right sense of humor. This book has a lot of comedic talent as well as comic book talent, and from the looks of things will appeal to new and old fans. It hits shelves this week.
- The NYCC Coverage Never Stops
- Sex, lines, and comic books with Teleport City on Day 1, 2, & 3.
- A man of manga and comics goes to the NYCC with An Eddy of Thought reports 1, 2, & 3.
- Anime Diet crew goes to the NYAF where they speak with Hiro Mashima, see the Layton movie, morn the NYAF, (and the part you really care about) attend a session of speed dating.
- All Geeks Considered Podcast has actual information on the Thursday panels which is neat.
- Just a Reminder that Fate/Extra Comes Out Tomorrow!
Just making my last push for Fate/Extra before it goes on sale tomorrow. You can also play the really odd flash games for Fate/Extra at the Japanese website for the game or watch the odd little Fate/Extra videos from Type Moon Ace. You should buy it so I can get more Type-Moon items in the US … and because it is a fun game as well.
- The Fate/Zero Blu-ray Disc Box will also have some nice Fate/Extras
The Blue-ray box for Fate/Zero will come with the holy grail of extras to entice you to buy it: An original story by Kinoko Nasu as well as deleted scenes and a slew of other extras. The scary thing is that it also already comes with English subtitles. I have a nasty feeling that means Aniplex will be offering the straight Japanese box with only slightly below Japanese prices.
- Welcome to Rock and Roll Night! Welcome to Rock and Roll Fight!
You too can initialize a survival strategy with you own Penguindrum hat! You can also get cute little penguin figures. Speaking of hard to get merchandise we also have THIS.
- 7 Years of Hayate No Gotoku!
As a major fan of the manga I had to mention that Kenjiro Hata is celebrating the 7th year of publication. Also the limited edition version of the 31st volume is coming with Hayate no Gotoku the Movie: Heaven is a Place on Earth. With a 3rd season on the way I am glad to see Hata is still going strong.
Why who is this being drawn live?: