If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- Hone Your Monkeybrain!
A new independent comics publisher debuted their new line this week and everyone is already Monkeyficizing their comics collection. This line has variety and a great price point. I picked up 3 of the 5 and enjoyed each, but if I was going to recommend one I’d say go for French thief Bandette. If you’ve been curious to read some American comic this is a great place to start.
- The Second Best Thing to Owning the Real APO
You know you want to own the adorable (and heroic!) dog from Space Brothers, well now you have the chance. This plush APO is way cute and he is actual size!
- Sailor Moon Rides Again!
Yeah, this will also be in the Line-Up for July, but I’m putting it here, too, as there is probably no other news this year I’ll be more excited about! And this is forewarning that I won’t stop talking about this any time soon.
- France Invades California
If you haven’t heard of Japan Expo which is held in Paris, you may be better off because you will be filled with jealousy looking at their enormous guest lists. Now they are bringing their brand of convention to the U.S. in the late summer of 2013. With it happening in California I doubt I’ll be able to attend, but I’ll keep my options open.
- Saving Sally
Not sure I’ll ever get to see this Filipino production, but I just had to share the trailer. It has a lot of quirk with the actors, animation, motion graphics, paintings, etc. Perhaps it will show up at next year’s NYAFF.
- NOW it is Marvel’s Turn to Change Things Up
Remember when DC Comics did the New 52 last year? Marvel has their own designs on a relaunch this fall as well. You can find various articles all around about what we know so far, but of course it includes returning titles to #1. This article is about some of the good ideas and some of the less, like the mistake of #1’s. I agree with Brett, I’d really prefer superhero comics to number things for whatever story arc it is (ex. New Avengers: Search for the Sorcerer Supreme #3 ). Brett also suggests including the actual number along with that, though at this point all numbering everywhere is confusing as hell. Randomly starting at #1 is annoying, especially when trying to buy trades in order. In any case, I’ll be curious about the titles but I’m not sure I’ll check out as many as I did with the New 52.
- “Now watch closely, everyone. I’m going to show you how to kill a god particle.”
A wonderful video if you are still confused what the big deal about the Higgs boson and its discovery is. It does not go into the full grizzly details of the mathematics and implications on advanced particle physics but it is not that sort of video. It is more focused on the broader picture of how and why for the everyday person.
- The Adventure begins Again!
That’s right! Alongside the new Jojo’s game they announced that they were also starting a new JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure anime. You can just watch the little teaser for the anime here. There are not a lot of details but it was clear that they used characters from all eight parts of the story. Here is crossing out fingers that they are going to animate all eight parts in full. That would be quite sweet. If nothing else that news explains why there was JoJo’s stuff all over Kinokuniya when I went there on the 4th of July.
- When Science and Magic Collide!
A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun fully commingle in the new PSP game A Certain Magical and Scientific Ensemble. As AnimeNext taught me I am apparently not the only Index fan in the US I decided that I will share that little bit of news.
- So Begins Con Season!
- Type-Moon News Roundup
- Take the Holy Grail War With You: Fate/Stay Night Réalta Nua is coming to the Vita with new opening from ufotable. (Side Note: Réalta Nua is the version with all the sex scenes removed. Just so you know.)
- The Last Meal: The final Fate/Zero Cafe menu. Meals from the final four of the 4th Holy Grail War.
- The Photo Round Up: This picture and this one nicely finish off the production of Fate/Zero.
- An Odd Interview: Some very unusual questions and equally strange answers from Nasu and Urobuchi about Fate/Zero.
- The Phantasm Carnival: The Type-Moon Festival was this week so …
- Here is a little round up: I might do an article as official news reports come out over the week.
The reason is obvious.