If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- The Death Star: Space’s Largest Mall
The newest Star Wars TV series Star Wars: Detours trailer had me cracking up. This animated comedy is from the creators of Robot Chicken and has a style all its own.
- Going Deeper Than Open Condom Style
Can’t say I’d have ever guessed about the social commentary within Gangnam Style, but The Atlantic’s great article is a fascinating read. From artist Psy’s brushes with the law in South Korea to South Koreans’ newly acquired obsession with coffee, you’ll surely learn a thing or two from this write up.
- Paving the Road for JRPGs
This article is part-history and part-tribute to Nintendo Power. It recalls a rare promotion the magazine did in which it gave away the cartridge for Dragon Warrior on NES with a subscription to the magazine.
- “Kids probably never complain about mowing the lawn in Hyrule”
- The Best Rock Opera is a Christopher Lee Metal Opera
So famous actor Christopher Lee did a symphonic metal rock opera concept album about the life of Charlemagne. I wrote that correctly. It is called Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross. You can get it here. There is going to be a sequel.
- A Fighting Game in the Tradition of Rise of the Robots and Tattoo Assassins
So they want to make an official Otakon Beat ’em up game and they are funding it through Kickstarter. I am just going to leave this news on the table and walk away. But if someone wants to pledge 2,500 dollars they should make Narutaki their suggestion as a enemy. Not the character from Steam Detectives. Kate. But that might mean no one could ever beat the game.
- The REAL as the Otaku Grows!
An interesting post examining an article in a copy of Newtype magazine from 2010 with the changes of Otaku since the magazine started. It is a fascinating look on the progress towards the modern otaku. They even look at female fans as well.
- A Gin Joint Jezebel Manga
Rose Guns Days is getting a manga. This is hardly stunning news as it is based on a 07th Expansion manga. But none the less it is interesting news. I look forward to this non-When They Cry related story.
- Type-Moon news Roundup
- Much Better Than a Wendy Ryder Figure: We finally get to see the sculpt for the MegaHouse’s Rider figure. Now Narutaki needs the Gilgamesh sculpt.
- Nothing But Male Fate/Zero Figures: This is for you crazy Crunchyroll conspiracy guy.