If you have any suggestions for what to highlight on an APB drop us a line via email or Twitter.
- Assuming Direct Control
A very unusual side scrolling space shooter on James Recommends this week. Enemy Mind is not the tightest built traditional shmup but its unique mechanics make it something very different from the standard shmup.
- You’re 100 Years Too Early to be Facing Me
A look at the uniquely steep fighting game learning curve. Why are fighting games so niche and what can be done to help players get to high level play tiers?
- OK. Now I Understand Lanes
Speaking of games that uncomprehensible to new players the Design Club looks at the League of Legends map Summoner’s Rift. I think I sort of get what MOBAs are about a little more now. I still assume all cosplay I do not recognize is League of Legends.
- Steven Spielberg and the Force
Thank goodness the Atlanta Game Development Podcast is back with a trio of podcasts!
- The Return – If nothing else I learned about The Institute documentary.
- Learn to be Cheap – It starts off about E3 but turns into a conversation about paying for XBOX gold.
- The Pinkest of Slips – A lot of insights into why there are so many layoffs in the game industry.
- Famicom Custom Cases
The annual My Famicase Exhibition is put on by a shop called METEOR. The games are all made up and the art ranges widely.
Amazon in Your Phone
As if Amazon wasn’t already everywhere? Now they want your phone loyalty and of course that keeps you connected with them at all times.