The people have spoken! With nearly 50% of the vote, our next re-watch podcast is the first season of Slayers!
When the polls first opened, there was an overwhelming push for Magic User’s Club. After that, almost all the enthusiasm about the OVA dried up allowing steady support for Slayers and Tenchi Muyo to turn the game into a two-horse race. But in the end people’s good (or bad) feelings about Slayers won out! Intriguingly enough Ranma ½ never took the top spot despite its former popularity.
Slayers is a very different show than Cowboy Bebop (obviously) therefore we will be tackling the rewatch podcast for it differently, too. There was a lot to unpack in every episode of Cowboy Bebop (even Boogie Woogie Feng Shui). While we both love Slayers, and as much as we enjoy Megumi Hayashibara’s songs, every episode of the series does not warrant a deep level of examination. So we will be watching two episodes at a time and discussing them with all new sections on the podcast. Those sections will be . . .
- Darkness beyond twilight: A summary of what happened in the episodes
- Crimson beyond blood that flows: What was the comedy VS. serious business ratio?
- Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows: How did the party do as a D&D group?
- I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand: What food was devoured?
- Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed by the power you and I possess: The Justice Check
- DRAGON SLAAAAVE!: Favorite parts and final thoughts
However, we are open to suggestions! We’ll take requests! Let us know in the comments what you’d like in the rewatch podcast.
Look for our first podcast about Slayers S1 in May!