It is once gain time to learn the identity of your Anime Secret Santa. Where they a kindly Befana who left you an undiscovered anime gem or a wicked Frau Perchta made you watch Vampire Holmes. Hopefully, either way, everyone involved had a good time and hopefully learns a little about their fellow anime fans.
Or if nothing else has made a bitter rival whose destruction will give them strength to carry on even in the darkness times.
One quick question for everyone to think about as they look over the list below: What could we do next year to make this even better. At this point, I think the Secret Santa Project is a fairly well-oiled machine. This is the 7th year for this exchange so I think we have worked out most of the major kinks. But is there something we have missed? It is entirely possible. This is also the time to innovate. 2017 could be a fun time to try a little twist on what he have done in the past.
If you have an improvement, variant (other than Manga Secret Santa), or a bit of advice for next year just kindly let us know below.
- Appropriant reviewed XXX as recommended by Justin
- Michael reviewed XXX as recommended by Appropriant
- Jackson reviewed XXX as recommended by Michael
- Diego reviewed Howl’s Moving Castle as recommended by Jackson
- Emma reviewed Kids on the Slope as recommended by Diego
- Raven reviewed HAL as recommended by Emma
- Matty reviewed Shin Atashinchi, My Neighbors the Yamadas and Barakamon as recommended by Raven
- Fang-tan reviewed YuruYuri as recommended by Matty
- David reviewed Sabagebu: Survival Game Club as recommended by Fang-tan
- Tom reviewed XXX as recommended by David
- Evan reviewed Jyu-Oh-Sei as recommended by Tom
- Iblessall reviewed Patlabor: The Mobile Police OVA as recommended by Evan
- Annalyn reviewed Love Lab as recommended by Iblessall
- Foomafoo reviewed Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū as recommended by Annalyn
- Tim reviewed ERASED as recommended by Foomafoo
- Vincenzo reviewed My Neighbor the Yamadas as recommended by Tim
- Stardf29 reviewed The Woman Called Fujiko Mine as recommended by Vincenzo
- Donald reviewed XXX as recommended by Stardf29
- Justin reviewed CLANNAD as recommended by Donald
- Kory reviewed Gankutsuo as recommended by Stig
- Swabl reviewed Adolescence of Utena, Colorful, and Beck as recommended by Kory
- Overcooled reviewed Fantastic Children as recommended by Swabl
- Jared reviewed The Boy and the Beast and Blue Exorcist as recommended by Overcooled
- Micchy reviewed The Vision of Escaflowne as recommended by Jared
- Ink reviewed The Tatami Galaxy as recommended by Micchy
- Nicoletta reviewed XXX as recommended by Ink
- Chris reviewed SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist as recommended by Nicoletta
- Japesland reviewed Tsuritama as recommended by Chris
- Steelbound reviewed Memories as recommended by Japesland
- Draggle reviewed Sword of the Stranger as recommended by Steelbound
- Vintagecoats reviewed Shion no Ou as recommended by Draggle
- SDShamshel reviewed Queen Millennia (the movie) as recommended by Vintagecoats
- Pete and Devon reviewed Real Drive as recommended by SDShamshel
- Alain reviewed Millennium Actress as recommended by Pete and Devon
- Stig reviewed Snow White with the Red Hair and Cowboy Bebop as recommended by Alain
10 thoughts on “Secret Santa 2016 Project Reveal”
Thanks again for putting this on! I really enjoy interacting with different anime and anibloggers than I usually do.
One note: Foomafoo hasn’t reviewed the anime I recommended yet. The chocolate girl one you linked to here was from last year—I’ve only heard of it because of my research pre-recommendations. ^_^
Hey guys! Thanks as always for another great Secret Santa project!
This was my first time joining Secret Santa (I only got into aniblogging last year, really) and it was awesome! :)
My review isn’t linked above since it didn’t go up until today, but here’s mine! http://www.beneaththetangles.com/2016/12/26/secret-santa-2016-kids-slope/
(Thanks to who I now know was Diego from All Geeks Considered for the amazing recommendation! :D )
Thank you for the recommendation, Emma :]
I… didn’t end up loving HAL as much I wanted to, but I still enjoyed the film and it was an interesting experience. Thank you for taking the time to write detailed recommendations, and looking forward to see more of your writing in the future~
Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy it much! I wasn’t terribly familiar with the other sci-fi stuff you watched, so was just going based on your comment about very human-like robots. I’d watched HAL recently, and enjoyed it, so maybe was a taaaaddd biased. ;) Haha. :)
Thanks! Looking forward to more of yours as well!
Sorry I’m late (again)! But here’s my review for Shin Atashinchi, My Neighbors the Yamadas and Barakamon:
Man, after reading the review for the series I offered and comparing my magnum opus… Well, it was fun, and I’m already looking forward to next year! Have a happy new year’s, y’all!