We’re highlighting each anime season with a mini-version of our end of the year awards. We hope this helps cap-off the season with a splash (and helps us remember all of great things by the time the end of the year rolls around). So without further ado, our picks for the best of summer 2016 . . .
The Line-Up is a monthly rundown of new anime, manga, novel, and artbook licenses for the U.S. It also lists new streaming/broadcasting announcements and posted crowdfunding projects available to U.S. residents. And finally, it includes anime/manga projects and live-action anime/manga adaptation announcements from Japan.
Ongoing Investigations: Kitaro Meets Nurarihyon by Shigeru Mizuki, Kumamiko vol. 1 by Masume Yoshimoto, Gundam Build Fighters: Island Wars special from Sunrise.
Food for Thought: Who is Your Favorite Miko?
Topics: Anime NYC, Crunchyroll teams up with Funimation, KochiKame is Ending, Detective Conan 2-hour Special.
And now your helpful bartenders at The Speakeasy present your drink:
- 8 oz bourbon
- 3 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 2 oz Tuaca
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 2 oz maraschino cherry juice
- 8 dashes orange bitters
- 4 maraschino cherries, for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together the bourbon and warmed honey until the honey dissolves.
- Pour the honey-bourbon, Tuaca, Meyer lemon juice, and maraschino cherry juice into a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice.
- Shake for 1 minute and divide into four half-pint glasses filled with ice.
- Top each drink with two dashes of orange bitters and garnish with a maraschino cherry. Serve.